Words can’t describe how excited I am about this product. When I first saw pictures pop up on my Instagram, I stalked my local Target for them. I believe they were about $6-8, I honestly can’t remember because I didn’t care about the price, I was just excited to find them. I picked up two of these and here’s my first impression of the first color.
- The Color: It’s usually really difficult for me to find a pink that works with my skin tone, but this is the perfect pink! It’s a rose-pink with very light hints of mauve throughout it.
- Application/Texture: The application is so smooth and it almost looks and feels like a whipped texture. It’s not tacky/liquidy as a gloss or some formulas of liquid lipsticks. However, it’s not super dry. I do have to wipe off some of the excess product off of the wand to get a thin coat.
- Opacity: Even with a thin layer it’s extremely opaque and the color is buildable, but for my preference, I go for a thin layer.
- Longevity: I haven’t read any claims about this being a long-wearing product, but this puppy lasts for a long time, even when I drink or eat, but if you eat full meals, don’t expect this to last long on your lips. However if I’m just snacking, drinking water, or coffee, it can last me about 6 hours.
- Wear: I’ve been really impressed with how this wears on my lips. I thought that it’d be super drying and uncomfortable because it’s a matte finish. It feels weightless and it doesn’t make my lips super dry. I have really dry/chapped lips to begin with, and this doesn’t make them any worse. I love wearing it because it’s something that I don’t have to worry about. I don’t find it smudging or gathering in between the lines of my lips, I don’t find it dehydrating my lips, and I don’t find it causing my lips to peel more than they usually do. However, I do notice that up close it accentuates any peeling I have but from a couple of feet away it’s not extremely noticeable.
- Applicator: I’m absolutely head over heels for this applicator! It’s stiff but yet has some give to it to help evenly apply the color. Flat applicator but it’s not extremely flimsy – I think if the applicator was too flimsy it would cause this particular color to apply streaky and uneven.
I really really really really like this particular color from the line. It’s rare for me to use anything but my Dior lipstick on a daily basis, but this has definitely shot up my list of everyday faves. As you’ll probably notice I’m missing a “Cons” section, well it’s because I can’t really think of anything bad to say! Though this may not be a long-wearing lip color, the wear-time is extremely impressive.
I can see this working with basically every skintone, I mean I feel like my particular skintone is the most difficult to work with and I love this color on me!
Have you tried this product?! What do you think about it? Let me know in the comments!!