Hi Hi Hi!
Since Christmas is only 3 days away, I thought that a lot of you would be going to Christmas/Holiday get togethers. You can never go empty-handed, but if you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen making something from scratch, here’s an extremely easy recipe for a Chocolate Dump Cake – sounds gross, but it’s my favorite dessert!
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 big box of chocolate pudding mix, or 2 small ones
- 3 SKOR bars
- 2 tubs of whipped cream
- Bake the cake according to the directions on the box. Once baked, let it cool completely.
- Make the pudding according to the box directions and refrigerate for 30 minutes – you just want it to set up.
- Smash the SKOR bars. It’s easier to toss the bars in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour (it’s toffee) and you’ll want to smash it while it’s wrapped in it’s original packaging and then empty it into a sandwich bag.
- Now, here’s the most difficult part – not really, but it’s time to assemble it all together.Everything (cake, pudding, crushed SKOR, and whipped cream) in half. You’ll start with half of the cake, then half of the chocolate pudding, half of the whipped cream, and then half of the crushed SKOR. Repeat with the remaining half.
You can also take this basic recipe and use it to create different versions. During the summer we made a lemon dump cake using lemon cake mix, vanilla pudding, candied lemon peel, and whipped cream. I hope you guys give this a try! If you do, let me know how you like it!