hi hi hi!
Wow, about time for a beauty post right?! I’ve been meaning to post this since last week. I’ve actually been trying out a couple of palettes and decided to post about this one first. This palette is NYC’s collaboration with Demi Lovato. So am I planning on returning this anytime soon?
- Pigmentation: I’ve tried a decent amount of NYC eye products and to be honest, I’ve been disappointed by most of them. The pigmentation was never really there, even with simple/basic colors. I was very impressed with the lighter colors in this palette. They applied evenly and felt smooth to the touch.
- Longevity: The colors seemed to last a decent amount of time WITH a base, however, I feel like without a base the colors won’t last as long.
- Range: This definitely has a great range of colors and pigmentation and is great if you are a beginner who wants to start getting into makeup. There’s a great variety to learn how to blend out shades, but even if you’re advanced in makeup, you have some great basics to keep in a kit or to use on an everyday basis.
- Price: I bought this palette for $7 at my local Target and I believe they have a darker/smokier one, but they didn’t actually have it there. I think it’s a pretty good deal for what you get. It’s a great everyday palette that is extremely versatile and the quality of the eyeshadows is pretty good.
- Pigmentation (Second to last color on the right): Though I was blown away with the neutral/everyday colors, I was not blown away by the darker color that’s second from the right. It applied so patchy and unevenly. I tried applying it with a brush and with my fingers, but I couldn’t get an even application.
- Packaging: The packaging is a heavier plastic, it’s not extremely flimsy, but I still feel like if I were to travel with this, there is a high potential that the cover could break.
I definitely think this palette is pretty impressive, like I mentioned before, I had tried a lot of NYC’s palettes and I was never impressed. In fact, I was always disappointed. This particular palette is probably 100x better than any experience I had with any of their other products. I definitely love the mix of matte and shimmery colors and the matte colors are amazing blending colors! If you have a go-to/holy grail everyday eyeshadow palette that you like to use, I feel like this is something you could skip. However, if you are a makeup collector of course you’ll want to pick it up!
Have you tried this out yet? What do you think? Let me know in the comments or if you were able to get your paws on the other palette she came out with, let me know how it’s working out for you! Also, don’t forget to like this post and subscribe! You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr – all ciaociao808!