Hi hi hi!
This has to be one of the toughest product to review, mainly because I have such mixed impressions about this product. I have been using it for about 3 months and as much as I love it, I know deep down it’s definitely a product that isn’t for everyone.
I had heard so many amazing things and seen so many raving reviews about this particular bronzer that I had to get a sample when I had the opportunity. Previous to that I had swatched it in Sephora and Ulta multiple times and just didn’t think it was anything spectacular, but I thought, “Hey, maybe it’s one of those things that you just need to try it and you’ll fall in love.” To be completely honest I really do love this product and I use it every single day and I will continue to use it every single day.
What It Is
- On a medium complexion, it’s a very natural looking contour
- It is buildable and blendable
- You can layer it on top of a cream contour and it will stay practically all day
- Not too warm nor too cool toned; for me, it’s a perfect in between
- Longwearing is not it’s greatest strength, throughout an eight hour day I notice a breakdown in intensity and pigmentation around the 6-7 hours mark.
- For any complexion darker than a medium, it will give you no color. Unfortunately for a bronzer, it is on the lighter side, so it will work great for those with lighter skin.
- Smooth and buttery are words I definitely wouldn’t use to describe this. It feels extremely dry to the touch, because of this it does take a little more effort to pick up a decent amount of product on my brush.
Overall, I really do like this for my lifestyle. I work in an office setting so I don’t like my makeup to be too intense and in your face. I usually go for the neutral looks with just a slight pop of color here or there, so obviously I don’t need my contour to be in yo face strong. Once I layer it a couple of times it provides me a contour that is noticeable, but not too warm-toned that it looks like I dragged mud across my face nor is it too cool-toned where it looks like I have straight up gray on my face. I definitely like it for an everyday look. Besides the staying power not being so great, I’m fine with it only lasting through a work day, but if I need it to last longer because I have an event at night or whatever, I just put it on top of a cream contour and I’m good to go.
If you have the full size version of the bronzer, let me know your thoughts in the comments below, or you can let me know on Instagram or Twitter: @ciaociao808. Also, if you like getting random videos here and there, feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel: youtube.com/musluvly1234