Hi hi hi!
One of my favorite times of the year is coming up and that’s Sephora’s VIB sale. I love being able to get discounts on products from one of my favorite stores. If you’re new to the whole makeup world I say head down to Sephora and sign up for their Beauty Insider program to get in on the deals!
I must advise though that during these sales, you’ll want to pick up items from brands who never have any type of sale, who don’t offer much discounts, etc. so you’re mainly looking at more luxe brands like Dior, Givenchy, Guerlain, etc., because brands like Too Faced, Tarte, Urban Decay, and Stila often have sales that provide you a better deal than what you would get during the Beauty Insider sale.
- BIOSSANCE 100% Squalane Oil ($58): I was able to get a sample of this during a Sephora visit a few weeks ago. I was looking for a lightweight moisturizer to help me get rid of a few dry patches on my cheeks and the associate recommended this product to me. I have to say what made me fall in love with it was the fact that it has no scent. I talked about it in my monthly favorites which you can read here. It’s an amazing lightweight oil that just absorbs into my skin and the best part is that I can wear it under my makeup and it doesn’t make me extra oily throughout the day.
- VISEART Theory Palette – Theory V Nuance ($45): I have been eying this palette for the longest time, but I could never bring myself to investing in it. It has all the colors I love and I have heard such amazing things about the formula. I have to say what drew me in the most were the two shades at the bottom of the palette. This would be something that I would travel with and I would just bring maybe one matte eyeshadow (to blend in the crease) with me. It just has all the colors and tones that I love and I never see VISEART go on sale, so I think I’m definitely going to bite the bullet and pick this up.
- BURBERRY Liquid Lip Velvet Fawn ($34): If you’ve been following me on my blog or on Instagram and Twitter, you will know how obsessed I am with my Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet in Dark Rosewood, and it shouldn’t be a surprise that I am still obsessed with it. I love the formulation of these liquid lipsticks because they’re so smooth and they feel hydrating on the lips. I have been itching to pick up another color and I have been eyeing Fawn because it has a brown undertone to it which is right up my alley. If you want long-lasting color without the dryness of liquid lip stains, I definitely think this is something you may be interested in. If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, NARS also has their version as well that you can check out during the sale.
- GIORGIO ARMANI Luminous Silk Foundation ($64): The hype around this product has yet to die down, and I’m really considering biting the bullet and picking this up. I have heard only amazing things about this and I’m ready to see what the hype is about. However, before I go ahead and purchase it online, I will be heading into my local Sephora to ask one of the associates if I should pick this one up or the Power Fabric version since I do have combo/oily skin.
I think that’s about it for my product wish list, but I did want to share some tips with you when it comes to Sephora’s VIB sales:
- Invest In Fragrances: It can be difficult to get fragrances on sale, especially when it comes to luxe brands. This is a perfect time to stock up on your favorites and also pick up a back up. Also, if you have been thinking about giving a fragrance as a gift, this is also a great time to pick it up in a set.
- Pick Up Essentials: Like I had mentioned, Sephora does carry brands that hardly ever have a sale. If you have an essential, especially from a skin care brand, this would be a great time to pick it up and even consider picking up a back up. Personally, I don’t have any “essentials” that I will be picking up from this sale.
- Best Time To Purchase Luxe: If you have always wanted to try luxury brands, but the price tag was too high, this is the perfect time to finally make an investment. Luxe brands very rarely have any sales so this is a great time to invest in a quality product. Like I had mentioned above, I am highly considering investing in the Giorgio Armani foundation mainly because if it’s an amazing foundation (like everyone claims it is), I know I will use it everyday (literally).
- Invest in Skincare: In my opinion skincare is something that you don’t want to skimp on and there are a lot of different products out there for you to try. Skincare can be extremely expensive and sometimes it is worth paying that pretty penny. If there are products that you have tried and you consider them to be your “holy grail,” but hate paying the hefty price tag, this is the perfect time to pick up a backup and not feel guilty about the price tag.
- Skip the department store brands: Unless they have an exclusive shade to Sephora, I say pass on the typical department store brands like Urban Decay, Too Faced, Stila, Lancome, etc. These brands tend to have Friends and Family sales that offer a better discount than the 15% off. However, if there’s a product that you have been itching for for the longest time, then I say go ahead and pick it up. Brands like Lancome also tend to have better deals in department stores because you can get a free gift with purchase and their free gifts are usually 7-piece sets which is a great deal.
What will you be picking up during the sale? Let me know in the comments down below and maybe some of them will end up in my cart! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and Twitter (@ciaociao808) to stay up to date with what products I’m testing out – I also sometimes post my mini-hauls since they usually don’t warrant a video. Like I had mentioned above, you can also follow me on YouTube (youtube.com/msluvly1234) where I post a variety of videos.