Hi hi hi!
I hope you guys are enjoying the switch on the blog and the addition of more life/lifestyle type posts. I really like this switch and hope it stays. Anyhow, I wanted to share a super-easy recipe that I found on Pinterest (click here to go to the original blog post). What I love most about this recipe is how versatile it is. I’m going to share with you the version that I made. Also, I wanted to note that I really wasn’t sure if these would be considered a muffin or cupcake because you could easily add frosting to these and it’ll make a delicious cupcake.
- 1 box Spice Cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4C Water
- 1 – 15oz can Pumpkin Puree
- ½ C Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (or however much you want)
- ¼ C Cream Cheese Frosting (I used leftover homemade cream cheese frosting; recipe can be found here)
Bake Temp and Time: 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, pumpkin puree, and water.
- Once combined gently stir in chocolate chips
- Line cupcake pan with liners
- Pour about 1 tablespoon worth of batter in each cupcake pan.
- In the center of each cupcake pan, place a dollop (about ½ tablespoon) of the cream cheese frosting.
- Using the remaining batter, fill each cupcake pan about ⅔ of the way, making sure to cover the cream cheese frosting.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Extremely simple right? The best part is that you don’t have to include the chocolate chips or cream cheese frosting! If you decide to not add in the chocolate chips or frosting, you will have a delicious pumpkin muffin. You can also add in walnuts, a crumble (shown in the original recipe) or anything else you can imagine! Next time, I will leave out the chocolate chips and frosting, but put some Nutella in the middle – yummy!
Let me know if you try out this recipe! I would love to know what you add to make it your own!